April 28, 2011

One Horse Town

The third and last day of our 29 Palms trip. Jash and I had planned on getting home early in the afternoon since we both had a bit of work to do. However, one thing led to another and we ended up making the most of our last day on vacay. We took a brief trip to Pioneertown. There really wasn't a whole lot going on so we just got snap happy then went on our merry way. Jash had never been on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway and was dying to see it. The trams now have a rotating floor so you get a 360 view the whole way up which I think is a bit of sensory overload. Particularly after a trip to Wendy's. Nevertheless, it was worth feeling a little queasy to enjoy the breathtaking views from the mountain top. I felt like we were in the Swiss alps. The only downside to the excursion was that I was terribly ill-dressed for it. My dress was highly susceptible to the fierce gusts of wind. Wouldn't be the first time I'd wished I opted for jeans. Won't be the last...

















I breathed up as much of that fresh mountain air as I could before we headed back down the tram and in our car to L.A. The air is far from fresh in my neck of the woods. But ya know what? As refreshing as it is to get out of L.A. for a bit, I'm always itching to get back. It's filthy and busy and people have attitude, but it's home and I love it. Unconditionally :)

xxoo
Sheva

No comments:

Post a Comment