April 25, 2011

The Lady From 29 Palms...

I borrowed my post title from an old Sinatra song we played a bunch during our trip to 29 Palms this weekend. Robert Plant also has a song about 29 Palms that Jash loves but I think is terribly dated. We got in late in the afternoon with just enough daylight left for a brief desert walk. I got the pancho I'm wearing in the photos at Olvera Street a couple months ago. It seemed perfect for the desert. In fact, I brought every fringy, crocheted, Native-American feeling piece of clothing I owned as it seemed the appropriate attire for the setting.

That night I made my favorite meal (baguette, goat cheese, tomatoes) yet again and we danced around to the new Lykke Li album and watched Wild at Heart. Both seemed the perfect entertainment for a night in a desert motel. Here are pics from Day 1...







We just arrived home about an hour ago and Jash is already asleep on the couch. I have a busy week ahead getting my collections at work ready to show in New York for Market Week. I also have a few pieces I've been commissioned to make. That's more like play than work though. The desert energy and landscape never ceases to inspire me so I'm really really looking forward to diving into these projects. Hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend!

xxoo
Sheva

No comments:

Post a Comment