April 14, 2011

Left My Heart In Solvang

Unfortunately, Jashub's job requires him to travel a lot. I mean a lot a lot. Can you tell it's a lot? He spends more nights in hotels than at home. Now, at first this was extremely difficult as we had become accustomed to spending every waking, non-working moment together. But if there's one good thing that has come out of his work situation it's that we make the very most of the time we do get to spend together.

So, when Jashub was home for a few nights a couple weeks ago we took a little romantic getaway to Solvang. I have to thank Coury from Fancytreehouse.com (my fave blog) for the idea. The beautiful pics of her trip to the cute Danish town inspired ours.

We only intended on going for the day but after our first wine-tasting we agreed it'd be best to get a hotel room. Thank the lord for the Kayak app for IPhone. With its help we found the cutest hotel for a decent price- all while tipsy!

Instead of going out for dinner we bought a few bottles of wine we'd tasted (yes, a few) and went to the market for a baguette, some goat cheese and baby tomatoes. I would eat this everyday all day if I could...




(Asking strangers to take pictures of you with your hipstamatic can be very perilous! Alas, it's the only pic I have from the trip of us together )
On our way home the next day we stopped at the Santa Ynez Mission. Being from Indiana, Jash knows nothing about the California Missions. He kept asking me questions and all I could do was mumble a few vague and probably inaccurate facts about El Camino Real and Father Juniperro Serra. Then we stopped in Santa Barbara and had Bloody Mary's and Nachos at a cafe on the beach. Quite possibly the best weekend ever :))




I hope you don't mind that I'm wearing the same outfit two days in a row. I promise, this won't happen again.

xxoo Sheva

2 comments:

  1. Please where the same outfit two days in a row again....it made me feel like it was just one very long, fun, day..and that is a wonderful thang! Love you!I love your new blog too! I will now get an email when you post a new post..YEAH! Jash and I are hangin' out.. up here in the rain and wishing you were with us tonight..I went and got lots of healthy foods so we will ichat you and you can join us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wear..not wear. I need help.

    ReplyDelete