May 10, 2011

Mucho Ado About Nothing

I know it's a little late, but here are some pics from Cinco de Mayo. What we intended on being a small gathering on our deck turned into a rather sizable fiesta. I encouraged everyone to dress festively. However, me, Danielle, and Paola were the only ones who did. And Evelyn if you consider her handmade leather beer holster as festive. I'm still on the fence with that one.

I spruced up a very cheap and large bottle of Carlos Rossi Sangria by adding chopped fruit and extra vino. Between that, the cervesas, and the shots of whisky and tequila being circulated, everyone was feeling pretty defeated on Friday. Needless to say, my two drink minimum did not stand. Nor did my general rule of thumb of sticking to the same drink all night. Fortunately, I ate my weight in chips and guacamole which I think soaked up all those libations.




In an effort to show off my amazingly festive dress, I outstretched my arms in every photo. There's a built in shawl thingy that is awesome, but makes me look like a linebacker unless I position my arms just so. In case you were wondering :)

xxoo
Sheva

No comments:

Post a Comment