July 07, 2011

Reduce Reuse Recycle

I always feel a bit guilty throwing away the maps I use on my travels but I feel equally bad about storing them as we have limited storage space and lots of stuff as it is. So this time around I got a little creative and used 'em in simple and decorative ways:

I used the map of Paris as the backdrop for my inspiration board at work and surrounded it with cutouts from Chanel ads, inspiring jewelry images, and a pleasant quote about the city of lights from Faye Dunaway.

Then I got even more creative and used my map of Venice (and some left over currency from previous trips) to decorate Danielle's travel-inspired birthday presents and card....





Yet another nap-in-my-car-on-my-lunch-break kinda work day....celebrated Evelyn's b-day at Villain's Tavern last night and had a whale of a time complete with balloons, cupcake fights and plenty of beer and whiskey shot specials. Yum yum yesterday, ouchie today. Well worth it to see my little buddy bouncing around gleefully all night. All these birthdays as of late make me realize just how good I have it. Such a lovely bunch I share my life with. L.A. can seem like a lonely and shallow place at times with all the hustle and bustle and fake this and that. But it's all about the people, not the place, and the beautiful souls I call my friends can make the ugliest of circumstances oh-so-pretty:)

Apologies if this extreme case of mushiness resulted in any nausea...

xxoo
Sheva

No comments:

Post a Comment