July 30, 2011

Farmer Joan

My kinda Saturday so far. Spent the morning hanging with my G-Ma followed by some garage sale hopping in my hometown hood. I probably visited about 12 yard sales- a few hits and several misses. I channeled my frustration from those misses into a short list of some garage sale annoyances I've harbored for quite some time. Here it goes:

- garage sales with ONLY leftover kid stuff. Maybe this will change once I have babies.
-overpricers. Your Land's End sweater circa 1988 is NOT worth $10. In fact, no article of clothing should be priced over $5 unless it is fabulous or rare.
-lack of inventory. Please don't have a garage sale if all you have to sell are a couple Halloween costumes and some shower curtain rings
-and of course nothing is more disappointing than following signs for 10 minutes and never finding the garage sale. This is generally a result of sellers not taking down their signs from their sale the weekend before

I sound like a total brat, I know. But I'm sure my fellow yard salers know what I'm sayin. right?? I actually have nothing to be bitter about as I found several treasures that I'll be laundering and wearing asap. Now I'm off to meet Kevin for an al fresco beer at Red Lion. Hope you all are having a splendid Saturday!!


(collared shirt, shades and boots: vintage, dress: gift from my mama, vest: altered Paris Blues embellished with various silk and fabric flowers, hat: (embarrased to tell you) Mary Kate and Ashely Olson)

No comments:

Post a Comment