July 25, 2011

My Trash Is My Treasure

This skirt was my mom's from back in the day. Not sure if it is Iranian or Indonesian but I know its from someplace notably exotic. I almost sold it at a garage sale a couple years back but thankfully the potential buyer sensed my reluctance to let it go and urged me to keep it. Thank you, potential buyer, thank you...



(top:vintage purchased at Tavin, skirt: vintage from my mom's closet :), shoes: Steve Madden, belt: vintage, shades; vintage)
Another insanely busy weekend as a result of saying yes to just about every invitation. The highlights were Dolly at the Hollywood Bowl (obviously!! more on that in tomorrow's post), meeting the nicest and coolest people at my fly friend Jazmina's bday dinner at Speranza, buying absurdly large Indian and African jewelry for ridiculously low prices at The Gift Show Downtown, and missing most of The Los Feliz Street Fair when one beer turned into many at Public House.

Have I mentioned how much I love summer in my city? There is so much to do on any given weekend it is impossible to get bored. Now I'm off to enjoy a date-day with my man. Just me and him and whatever our hearts desire. Happy Monday and thanks for reading :))

xxoo
Sheva

No comments:

Post a Comment