July 22, 2011

Hello Dolly!

I've been waiting for this day for a long long time. In fact, I've had this post ready to go for months. Tonight Evelyn, Paola, Danielle and I are having the ultimate ladies night and going to see Dolly Parton at the Hollywood bowl.

I'm not a huge country music fan but ever since I was a little girl I've loved Dolly Parton. I admire her ability to poke fun at herself and not take her critics, and life in general, too seriously. She's not just any big-boobed, big-haired blonde. She is talented and insightful and refreshingly funny. Someone needs to make a Dolly Parton quote book, because the things that come out this little lady's mouth are just hilarious and often painfully astute. She is a beautiful soul and I just love her. Here are some of my favorite photos with some of my favorite quotes...


"I wanted to be the first woman to burn her bra, but it would have taken the fire department four days to put it out."




"I always just thought if you see somebody without a smile, give'em yours!" 


"Find out who you are and do it on purpose." 


"I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde."


"You'll never do a whole lot unless you're brave enough to try."



"You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap!"



"Storms make trees take deeper roots." 


"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."

Hope y'all have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment