June 24, 2011

Show Me The Way To The Next Whiskey Bar

Admittedly, when our passports were stolen in France, I was not the picture of poise and grace. However, after a few temper tantrums and "why me's" Jash and I decided to make the very most of our extended Parisian visit by renting bikes and riding around the city. We landed at Pere Lachaise, an old cemetery and one of our favorite destinations in the city. That may seem a bit morbid, but the maze of tree lined cobblestone roads leading to century old tombstones is such a peaceful place to get lost in an otherwise lively and boisterous city. Plus, Jim Morrison is buried here and it's always interesting to watch the diverse and enthusiastic fans come and go. Some smoke joints, some throw roses, some try to look cool in photos. One guess which category I fall into...






Yep, that's Jash pouring some out for the homies. This was probably my favorite outfit of the entire trip. It consists of a skirt I long-term-loaned from Danielle and a silk Max Studio dress-turned-top. The shoes are my poor man's substitutes for Swedish Hasbeens. Put it all together and you get an ensemble that's simple, comfy and chic enough for the streets of Paris.

Well. That's it for the Paris segment of my postings. Stay tuned for Venice and Lucerne. And Happy Friday y'all!! I could not be happier this jet-lagged workweek is over. I intend on unpacking (nope, I haven't done it yet) and sleeping the days away. Au revoir :)

No comments:

Post a Comment