September 26, 2013

Get Happy

So I've started a new self-help, enlightenment journey that I have coined #happinesschallenge. Basically I got super inspired by a Ted Talk I watched a couple days ago and decided to take the bull by the horns and get happy. To train my brain to default to happy I will do the following for 21 consecutive days. Each day, everyday. No exception...

1) 3 gratitudes
2) Meditate
3) Exercise
4) Journal
5) Random acts of kindness

After 21 days of doing these things I will be a happier, more positive person better equipped to bounce back from disappointment and despair. Don't get me wrong, I'm already a pretty happy person- but, like anyone, I have my moments on the not so sunny side of life. Especially lately...life has been throwing some challenges my way and staying happy and positive has taken some work. I can't control much of the challenges and obstacles I face, but I can control how I react to them. I can control my happiness and I'm choosing to start by taking on the #happinesschallenge. Here's a pic of me looking all enlightened in Malaysia last year, seems appropriate here...

No comments:

Post a Comment