February 12, 2012

Chasing Waterfalls

Took a trip to Boti Falls- which is usually a huge waterfall with surrounding attractions two hours out of Accra but was completely dry when we visited. Boo. Regardless, It was lovely to take a little road trip out of the big busy city. Most of the fun occured on the drive up where we stopped at various points of interest along the way. I have a brief warning to issue to anyone who plans on visiting rural Ghana: don't pee in bushes on sides of roads here. I made this mistake and was nearly attacked my a HUGE snake (at least 5 feet long!!) that was creeping up on me. Trust me- just hold it.



The Cocoa plant- the seeds are used to make the delicious chocolate here

250 stairs to the waterfall- my legs are still sore


My top-notch coworker (and tour guide), Adwoa



palm wine...not my fave, but I'm attempting to try everything once



Rita Marley's Studio 1 recording studio in Aburi, Ghana





No comments:

Post a Comment